Whistle Home Etsy Store Contact Facebook About Whistle Custom Services Free Items Contact Blog facebook Pinterest

Followers

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Favorite Baby Things

I have come to love and not love a lot of our baby things, this is our top 4 favorite big purchase baby items.

1. Fisher Price Little Lamb Swing


It was wonderful to have for C while he was little. I could set him in and he would enjoy the shape and comfort of being swayed. Most valuable feature is that the swing can be faced in different directions. My son loved to look out the window and swing side to side at first, now that he is older he prefers the front and back motion. He is 6 months now and is almost grown out of liking it. Currently he like to try and grab the mobile and make faces at himself. C is a mover and the seat cannot be in the upright position without the front piece as he tries to wiggle out. All in all it was a great buy, especially for the $140 we got it for on Amazon. LOVE amazon, its my friend.

2. Babybjorn Miracle Baby Carrier
This is the easiest way to go to the grocery store with a baby. Putting the car seat on the cart is not safe and it doesn't always fit. Car seat are way to heavy with a baby in them to carry anywhere for a long period of time. Also now that C is older is want to be carried while in the store and the carrier helps to free up my arms and give them a break. I love the adjustable positioning and back support on this model as I have a little more back pain these days. My favorite part is how easy it is to get on and off.

3. Fisher Price Animal Crackers Jumperoo
My all time favorite thing "right now". Little C will jump for hours in this, without the music even. He is a mover and this really helps my tired arms from having to hold him up while he bounces. He is loves the blocks and recently the leaf. when he is extra fussy I put on the music and lights and it will catch his eye and allow him to calm down. Downside... the music gets stuck in my head. It is adjustable so that when your baby gets taller you can raise it up, we just now raising it to the second level. the tray next to the leaf is great to put toys in so that C can grab them and not throw them on the ground as easy. It may seem like a lot of money but it is SOOOO worth the money. My husband is one that doesn't want to buy tons of baby stuff and he was thrilled that we spent the money on this and might even have paid more. (amazon $130) It is very easy to take down and take to grandmas house and is very light. I prefer it to the ones that mount on the ceiling or doorway as my son like to be in different areas of the house. He gets bored sometimes with one spot so we like to move him to get a different view. Favorite part of this.. hmmm ... everything.

4. Bugaboo Cameleon Stroller
Now I have to start off by saying that this was a hard sell for my husband. We bought it used as we don't have or want to drop $1000 on a stroller. Hubby is not usually for buying used items and who can blame him. I have to fight myself from saving up for a new one for our next kid. First off this stroller comes with a bassinet that can be used with newborns. We didn't use this much as we didn't go out much at first. I do love the option of having it for our second child, as I feel we may be more prone to go out with two kids. There is also an adaptor that attaches your car seat to the stroller. I find that this is way better then the bassinet. If my baby is sleeping I don't want to wake him up by switching him around so I take him out of the car hook him to the stroller and head into target. I am now at the point where he is big enough and I use the stroller seat rather than the car seat. I still carry the adaptor just in case he is asleep and I decide I don't want to change seats. The stroller is very easy to take in and out of the car and isn't heavy. My favorite part is how smooth it glides and how easy it transforms into different directions of sitting, different heights for the handle bar, and different angles for the seat. One other positive is that bugaboo is made that if something breaks it is easy to change out that piece and you don't have to buy a new stroller. Downsides are that we have the fleece fabric and my son gets hot easy against it. If I bought this stroller new I would have purchased the canvas fabric instead of the fleece. The stroller can be used without the fleece seat liner but I prefer to keep my base seat fabric protected. I am looking into getting the bugaboo seat liner that helps the seat to breath better but that is something I am still unsure what color I want. The other downside is that the shade goes over the back of the seat and I find that in some situations my son is not protected from the sun. He is very far skinned so its a minimal thing that is important for us. I like the sun shade for the donkey, as it is one piece that is expandable rather than the cameleon sun shade which is two pieces. I hope that bugaboo makes one for the cameleon like the donkey soon, if not I am going to buy the donkey sun shade for my cameleon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...