Whistle Home Etsy Store Contact Facebook About Whistle Custom Services Free Items Contact Blog facebook Pinterest

Followers

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Quick tip: Decorative Door Knobs



I bought so BEAUTIFUL Doorknobs for my kitchen pantry from Anthropologie and come to find out that the pre drilled hole that is in my pantry door is too big for the doorknob plate and the spindle it came with isnt long enough to make it to the other side of the door. My doors are in no way special, they are standard builder grade doors. I loved the knob so much that  Ijust couldnt bare to return it. After holding onto it for a good year I decided it was time to find a way to use it. I researched the parts of a doorknob so I first would know what the middle part was. It is a spindle!! Yay, I know something. I gave up on using it for my pantry and decided to use it as Dummy knob for our spare rooms closet doors.


I thought I would have to rig something up to make it stay but after searching on google I come to find that there is something called a dummy spindle. I got my dummy spindles on etsy for a total of $13.





All I needed to do was screw my spindles on and then screw my knob in place.

 
Notice how much smaller the knob rose (plate) is compared to our builders standard knobs.
 
I am in love with the look!
Now I have to start painting the room.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...