Whistle Home Etsy Store Contact Facebook About Whistle Custom Services Free Items Contact Blog facebook Pinterest

Followers

Friday, October 12, 2012

Baby Boy Boots



I really want something for my little mans feet during the semi cold season. I know that when I have just socks on my feet are still cold so why would he be any different?!

I have a box full of old clothes that are no longer wearable and decided it was the best place to go for fabric. YEP! that old flannel shirt from high school is perfect!!

After taking off the sleeves and cutting out my pattern I pinned my inner and outer fabric together.

I am not the best at sewing so I try to make things a little easier when I can. The proper way to do this pattern is to sew the inner fabric all together to form the liner and then sew it to the top of the outer liner..I have tried this before and I find my two pieces didn't fit well together and it was very difficult because of the size of the shoes.

I sewed the inner and outer pieces together and then sewed the boot/slipper together. I decided I wanted the fabric seems on the outside of the boot to make it a little more rugged for my boy.

I didn't want him to look like he was wearing girlie shoes.

Add a little elastic to the heal to keep those bad boys on and TA DA ... done

The stretchy jersey fabric on the inside is nice and soft on his skin and the flannel on the outside will help to keep in the warmth.

Next I shall make some for when it gets really cold. :)

**We have carpet in most of our home right now but hope to upgrade to all wood very soon. When that happens I am going to add a design in hot glue on the bottom of all the shoes I make so my little one has a some grip.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...